CBSE 10th Results 2018- THe wait of lakhs of aspirants will be over once CBSE 10th class result 2018 will live on the website cbseresults.nic.in. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) was constituted on November 3, 1962 in New Delhi. Today, more than 10,000 affiliated public and private schools are aligned to this board of education. Every year, CBSE conducts Class 10 and Class 12 examinations. This year, more than 16.38 lakh CBSE students sat for the 10th board examinations and are eagerly awaiting their results. Before we move on to specific details about the 2018 results, we’d like to share some good news with you’ll:
The CBSE Board will not conduct the 10th Maths Paper Re-Exam.
Did you heave a sigh of relief after reading this news? We surely did. Isn’t that awesome? You can now watch your favourite TV programs and chill out with friends without having to worry about the re-exam. So let’s move on to other important things such as the CBSE 10th Results 2018. Although the official date hasn’t been declared yet, students can expect their results to be put up on the official website during the first week of June 2018. Stay tuned for more updates.
How Do I Check CBSE 10th Results 2018?
You can easily check your results online through official websites namely, http://www.cbse.nic.in and http://www.cbseresults.nic.in/. Before you get ready to check your 10th examination results on these websites, make sure that you have these three things ready:
- Roll Number
- Date of Birth
- School Number
Now let’s go through the steps to check your CBSE 10th results online:
- Open one of the above mentioned websites on your web browser.
- Click on the Class 10th Result link.
- Enter your roll number, date of birth and school number (as mentioned on your CBSE 10th Admit Card) in the respective boxes.
- Keep your fingers crossed. Your CBSE results will be displayed on a new page. You may print this page by clicking on the print button. You could also download a soft copy of the mark sheet in PDF format. However, please note that this copy cannot be used for official purposes. You will have to collect the original mark sheet and passing certificate issued by CBSE from your school.
The CBSE Board has released a circular elaborating the passing criteria for 10th standard students of 2017-2018. It has been mentioned in this circular that students need to obtain an aggregate score of 33% (Internal Assessment + Annual Exam) in five main subjects.
Some More Ways of Checking CBSE 10th Results 2018
Going by a large number of students who have registered for the CBSE 10th examinations 2018, the official websites are sure to receive tremendous traffic on the day of the results. As a result, students might face technical issues while accessing the site. To avoid such issues, the CBSE Board has provided alternative methods to access Class X examination results 2018. These include:
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR): Students can verify their results through an automated system by calling on the following numbers:
- MTNL: 011-24357276, 011-28127030
- Tata Teleservices: 54321223
- Airtel: 54321202
- SMS: CBSE has partnered with telecom providers such as MTNL, BSNL and Airtel to help students receive Class X results through SMS. To view your results, you have to send the following text message to any of the numbers mentioned below.
Text message: ‘cbse 10 [rollno]’
- MTNL: 52001
- BSNL: 57766
- Aircel: 5800002
- Idea: 55456068
- Tata Teleservices: 54321, 51234 and 5333300
- Airtel: 54321202
- National Informatics Center: 9212357123
- Digilocker: Since 2017, CBSE has started uploading digital certificates of Class X CBSE students on the Indian Government’s cloud storage, Digilocker. Complete the following steps to receive your digital mark sheet through this service.
- Go to https://cbse.digitallocker.gov.in/public/search/certificate
- You will receive your login credentials through SMS
- Once you log in, you will be directed to a link which will take you to the page where you can download your digital certificate.
- School Website: Many schools upload the mark sheets of their students on their websites. Check with your school authorities for more details.
- Email: Many students are not aware of this method. However, it is an effective method by which you could receive your results without any trouble. Just go to http://results.gov.in/email.aspx. Next, click on the Registration for CBSE class XII & class X link. Type your email address in the given field. That’s it. Once the results are out, you will receive your mark sheet by email.
Having looked at the different ways by which you could obtain your results, let’s look at CBSE results over the last few years to give you an idea of students’ performance over the years.
|Year||Total Count||Pass Percentage (Boys)||Pass Percentage (Girls)||Overall Pass Percentage|
The above table shows that girls performed better than boys in 2016 as well as 2015. However, last year, the pass percentage of boys was slightly better than that of girls.
CBSE results are usually declared region wise. Hence, let’s look at the table given below for region wise distribution of results.
As you can see in the table above, Trivandrum is leading with a pass percentage of 99.85. Chennai follows suit with a pass percentage of nearly 99.62. Guwahati falls at the lower end of the spectrum with a pass percentage of only 65.53.
CBSE 10th Results 2018 are Out. What Next?
Now that you have found out your results, it’s time to take the next step. We’re sure you would have already decided your stream by now. So the next step is to collect and submit the admission form for Class XI in the stream of your choice. All the best.
For any further queries regarding CBSE 10th Results 2018, write us in comment section.