GATE 2016 Marking Scheme is now available branch wise on EduMovLive.com for Civil, Mechanical, CS/IT, EEE, ECE, Chemical Engineering/ CSE (Computer Science Engineering), Electrical, Electronics, Information Technology. Read the article below for detailed information about GATE 2016 Marking Schedule/ Pattern.
GATE 2016 Examination has bee started, all the candidates who have applied for the exam are looking for the GATE 2016 Marking Scheme along with the GATE 2016 Answer Key. The Marking Scheme will help the candidate to calculate the marks, candidates might score in GATE 2016. As passing the examination will be a difficult task for the candidates. So here is the GATE 2016 CS/ IT, ME, EEE, ECE, Civil Exam Marking Scheme. And I am sure you will find the marking scheme really helpful for calculating marks.
You May Also Check:
GATE 2016 Marking Scheme for CS/ IT, ME, EEE, ECE, Civil Engineering
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (2016) has been started and will be commencing on 7th Feb. Till 7th every candidate who appeared in the exam will need to be patience. As after 7th only, officials will release GATE 2016 Answer key for all the 23 Offline exams. Which will help you check the answers that you have marked are correct or no! After checking the answers only you will be able to calculate the estimated marks. Let’s start with GATE 2016 Marking Scheme for CS/ IT, ME, EEE, ECE, Civil Engineering as well as other subjects will be shared soon.
GATE 2016 Marking Scheme:
Marking Scheme is the method by which candidate marks will be calculated. How marks will be deducted, how marks are distributed among different sections, how marks will be awarded for every correct answer. These all things are included in the Marking Scheme. Let’s learn How the paper pattern is for CS/ IT, ME, EEE, ECE, Civil Engineering.
GATE 2016 Pattern:
In the papers bearing the codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF, and XE:
- Engineering Mathematics: 15% of the total marks,
- General Aptitude: 15% of the total marks, and
- Subject Paper: 70% percentage of the total marks.
In the papers bearing the codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, and XL:
- General Aptitude section: 15% of the total marks and
- Subject Paper: 85% of the total Marks
GATE 2016 Marking Scheme:
- For 1-mark MCQ’s: Deduction of 1/3 marks for a wrong answer.
- For 2-marks MCQ’s: Deduction of 2/3 marks for a wrong answer.
- There is no negative marking for numerical answer type questions.
Subject Question Papers other than GG, XE, and XL
- 25 Question carrying 1 marks each
- 30 Questions carrying 2 marks each
GG (Geology and Geophysics) Paper
- Part A is common for all candidates: 25 multiple-choice questions carrying 1-mark each
- Part B contains two sections: 30 multiple choice questions carrying 2 marks each
Candidates will have to attempt questions in Part A and either Section 1 or Section 2 in Part B.
XE Paper (Engineering Sciences)
- Engineering Mathematics section: 11 questions (15 marks)
- Sections B: 22 questions (35 marks)
XL Paper (Life Sciences)
- Chemistry section (Section H) is compulsory: contains 15 questions (25 marks)
So here was the GATE 2016 Marking Scheme along with Exam Pattern. If you have any query or concern, contact us, we would love to solve out that for you. Stay connected to EduMovLive.com