Everyone search for the IBPS Bank Preparation Tips when they wanna appear for the IBPS Examination. So here is what you need to know about the exam. General Knowledge and Current Affairs are one of the topics that need to be taken care of. In every single day examination, GK and Current affair plays an important role in the examination. So here we have some important topics that will help you to crack the General Knowledge and Current Affair Examination in any exam. Let’s check the IBPS Bank Preparation Tips for GK and Current Affair.
IBPS Bank Preparation Tips: General Knowledge and Current Affairs (GK)
The general knowledge and current affairs section that tests your general awareness more than your knowledge of trivia and random information. GK magazines and books, reading newspapers daily and current affairs magazines reading on a weekly basis (at least) is a must. Keep a look out for important events at the national and international level.
1) Banking Products and Terminology
- This is the most important area of this section and is definitely tested in each paper.
- You can expect questions on commonly used products and terms like savings and current accounts, term deposits, non-performing assets etc.
- Also, read up basic details, benefits and limitations of major banking products and meanings of terms(e.g. Repo Rate, Current Account Deficit, etc.) used in the banking industry.
- You should also keep a track of the various products being launched by specific banks e.g. agricultural loans, special personal loans etc.
2) Economic and Corporate Updates
- It is obvious that all these require up-to-date information which can be obtained only by reading the newspaper thoroughly on an everyday basis.
- While going through Newspapers, Make it a point to go through all the sections and get information on each. If required, make notes.
- Substantiate this information by following it up on the internet as well or through current affairs magazines.
3) Government Schemes and Constitutional Bodies
- Make sure you know about Schemes launched in the past 2-3 years, schemes currently in the news and schemes that have just been announced.
- Apart from government schemes, Comptroller and Auditor General of India(CAG), Election Commission of India(EC), National Human Rights Commission(NHRC) etc.
- Finally, you may have questions on public representatives/bodies like Gram Panchayats, Members of Parliament (MPs), Cabinet Ministers, the President of India.
4) Marketing Terms
- These Questions can be answered using common sense, going through a glossary of marketing and sales based terms is always beneficial.
5) Current Affairs
- It is difficult to prepare because of the diversity of topics from which questions can be asked.
- Reading the newspapers and following the news daily is a must for these questions.
- You generally need to be aware of events that have happened in the 6-8 months preceding the exam date.
Apart from the areas covered in current affairs, some other areas covered in trivia are:
- Geography – countries, capitals, cities, rivers, mountain ranges, etc.
- History – important dates, personalities, etc.
- Science – basic definitions in science, climate change, environment, etc.
- Hobbies and Professions
- Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Important Personalities
- Literature and Entertainment
7) Computer Awareness (CA)
Various topics that you must cover in this parts.
- Basics of Computer Hardware: These questions are based on concepts learnt in school. This part contains the questions on input, output and storage devices. Make sure you are updated of every latest information about Computer.
- Software & Desktop Applications and Windows: There are few typical questions that may be asked from you like how a file is saved, where does it get saved when deleted and so on.
- Microsoft Office Applications: As you are preparing for Banks, you are expected to be familiar with at least MS Word and MS Excel. Knowledge of other applications like MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook and MS Access (for databases) is also useful.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: There are many shortcuts that can be used in day to day life to make the life and work easier.
- Internet and Networking: Few questions can be expected on these topics as well.
- Terminology and Latest News: Make yourself updated with the latest knowledge and information about technology.
Make sure you always prepare last few years topic, those are really important and useful. So work hard and we wish you all the very best for the IBPS Examination for any post, Clerical or PO. If you have more important IBPS Bank Preparation Tips and you want to share, comment below and we would love to hear them