Masters in Finance – It has always been considered a fabulous field in which one can achieve great success. For those who possess an analytical mind, making a career in this sector is a likely option. If you have a knack for the economy and investment then there are many interesting roles you can opt for.
Though, finance is not a generalized domain. It requires particular expertise and hence it’s always good to pursue masters in this field. This decision is advantageous because the degree will cater to a single section. It will shape you and make you exclusively suited for job roles within this sector. Also, there is an affinity towards specialization and employers prefer those who have a master’s under their belt over others.
Why you Should Consider Masters in Finance?
You and your expertise will be in high demand
Employers are always seeking finance experts who have adequate knowledge of their field. Finding such professionals is not easy and hence their demand is high. After your master’s in finance, you will be considered a suitable applicant to fill that cream slot. With such an elite job role, you will also get to enjoy many other benefits including monetary remuneration.
Makes you suited to many job roles
Earlier with a bachelor, you had opportunities but they were somewhat restricted. With masters, you can avail of many other avenues including financial management, hedge funding, commercial banking and more. You become applicable to take up higher positions and jobs with a different set of responsibilities.
Presents you as a driven individual
Another perk of going for a master’s in finance is that it shows your drive to go the extra mile. It shows that you are dedicated to progressing in this field. This is always seen as a positive attribute and certainly presents you as an individual who can be counted upon.
This rapidly progressing industry offers dynamic and interesting job roles. Here is some career with masters in finance opportunities you can look into:
- Financial analyst: As part of this job role you will collect and analyze financial data. Making financial models to enable better decision making and studying market trends is also part of your job role.
- Accountant– As an accountant, you will be responsible to compile and analyze account information in order to make capital and liability account entries. It is your job to document and recommend all the financial transactions.
- Financial Advisor– Another very sort after job role is that of a financial advisor. They are hired by independent entities as well as corporate. The job of these professionals is basically advising clients on important financial decisions. These can range from taxes, insurance to estate planning.
- Trader– The job of a trader is slightly different as they only specialize in a certain type of financial instrument. These can be stocks, bonds, debts or commodities. Though, there are those in this field who work in a variety of markets at one time and trade in different kinds of financial instruments.
- Finance manager: In any organization maintaining financial reports and reviewing them is major tasks. A financial manager is responsible for monitoring all the accountants, reviewing the financial reports and preparing reports for financial forecasts. You will learn how to prepare and review the financial reports in master’s in finance. Also, it helps to gain knowledge on analyzing the market trends for business opportunities.
- Insurance specialist: As an insurance specialist you need to carry different responsibilities like decoding the insurance laws and policies. Also, you need to examine the claims and verify insurance eligibility, as well as record any medical charges and other payments or adjustments.
- Investment banker: The major responsibilities of investment bankers include providing assistance to clients and advising them on profitable investment opportunities. Investment bankers pay a key role in giving assistance for clients on varies finance functions such as mergers & acquisitions, raising capital and more. One who has skills in investment banking can work for different firms.
- Financial examiner: It is a typical job with different roles and responsibilities. A financial examiner is responsible for the financial operations of the organization. There are various career opportunities for financial examiners who can be hired by insurance firms and govt organizations.
- Budget Analysts: Candidates with Masters in Finance are in high demand to work in different accounting organizations. Budget analysts play an important role in managing the budgets of organizations, evaluating finances and predicting future budgets. Budget analysts are responsible for working on accuracy budget proposals and spending the budgets as per the plans. They provide the information required to make financial decisions in the organization.
Pursuing a master’s in finance not only helps in acquiring technical knowledge but also helps in practical knowledge and skills that are needed for multiple jobs in the finance sector.