National Level Entrance Exams- An entrance exam is a way to fetch the courses that an individual wants and dream of pursuing their future in a particular field. Likewise, it gives an institution a scale to measure the level of eligibility of the particular candidate to pursue a particular course. Nowadays the entrance exams are mandatory for every institution to consider and check the capability of the candidate. An entrance exam serves as the medium to check the in-depth knowledge in the particular field where they want to pursue their education.
Entrance exams are now adopted by many sectors of education like Arts, Commerce, Science, Medical, Polytechnic, Law, Management, Nursing, and many more. The entrance exams work as the filtering device, which only let the eligible and capable candidate pass through the process. Every educational institution has their own minimum criteria and requirement of the score of a particular exam. The candidate should possess the particular knowledge to clear the exam and get into an institution. Few entrance exams have reformed themselves from Paper-based test to computer-based test.
List of few National Level Entrance Exams for Different Streams
- Management Entrance Examinations
- Common Admission Test (CAT)
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- National Management Aptitude Test (NMAT)
- Engineering Entrance Examinations
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-MAIN)
- Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test (ISEEET)
- Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE)
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
- Fashion Designing Entrance Examinations
- All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED)
- NIFT Entrance Examinations
- National Institute of Design (NID) Aptitude Test
- Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED)
- Medical Entrance Examinations
- Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT)
- National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)
- A consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka Undergraduate Entrance Test (COMEDK UGET)
- JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examinations
Characteristics of most important examinations in the different stream.
- Management Entrance Exam – CAT 2018
A National Level management entrance examination which is conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIMs). The exam is conducted by an individual institute on a rotation basis every year in the month of November or December. It is a computer-based examination which tests the skills like Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and reading comprehension in 180 minutes. The scores of the exam are valid for 1 year and are accepted by all the IIMs and more than 100 B-schools all over India. The number of aspirants taking the exam every year is increasing gradually. The number of aspirants in 2013 was around 1.94 lac, which increased to 2.32 Lac in 2016.
- Engineering Entrance Exam – JEE MAIN
JEE MAIN is national level engineering competitive test conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). It is a Pen and Paper-based and test and also computer-based test from which a student can choose the format of writing an exam. This test checks the skills and knowledge of particular subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Drawing and Aptitude. The number of applicants has reduced from 1.35 million in 2014 to 1.18 million in 2017. The score is accepted by all the IITs, NITs, and almost all the engineering colleges over pan India. An Individual can attempt up to 3 times in successive years.
- Fashion Designing Entrance Exam – AIEED
The AIEED exam is for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The test is conducted by the Arch College of Design and Business. The test measures the skill like Creativity, Design Sensitivity, Aesthetic Sense, Reasoning, and Problem Solving Skills of an individual. For undergraduate course, the student should have cleared 10+2 in any stream and for a postgraduate course, the student should be a graduate from a recognized institute. The exam conducts in different stages, based on the course an individual is applying for, I.e. Undergraduate or Postgraduate course.
- Medical Entrance Exam – NEET 2018
NEET is a National Level Competitive Entrance Exam conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). This competitive exam opens the door for the students who want to pursue their further studies in MBBS and BDS courses. This test checks the knowledge of a student of particular subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology. An individual can attempt the exam for not more than 9 times and the exam held every year. Every medical college has to accept the NEET scores as per the rule, and they cannot conduct their own entrance exam. The total seats offered through exam is around 50,000.
The increasing number of entrance exams in every field has boomed the market of the education sector and thus increases in the educational institutes and coaching centres. The main function of the entrance exam is to give the sector an eligible candidate with the right set of skills and knowledge required in that particular field. This is helping the education sector grow and improve the quality of every candidate entering in every sector.